Transcription (the accent is shown in capital letters):
[da ee-DEE ty]
Translation / meaning:
expresses surprise (~ you are kidding me!, ~ really?) or discontent (~ get lost!, ~ shut up!).
- Что-то ты сегодня плохо выглядишь. - Да иди ты!
- You don't look good today. - Shut up!
- Я сегодня с президентом встретился. - Да иди ты!
- I met the president today. - You are kidding me!
More from "Conversational Russian"
it came to one, one at least got the idea
to vanish, to slip away
to give someone the limp leg, to give the runaround
to go crazy, to lose one's wits
back off! leave me alone!
1. to put a hat on pulling it down over one's forehead or ears; 2. to give a scolding
~ let it all disappear! damn it all!